Tuesday, December 1, 2009

BP6_2009121_Anti-Teaching




The education system is constantly changing for the learners, but as it is constantly evolving, is it effective? Our students are constantly assessed and the educational governing bodies are taking the scores and holding it against the teachers. Several of the rss feeds I receive are from other states’ board of education. States around the country are debating if teachers’ salary should be based on their students’ learning gains. According to the readings in our classes there are several ways to successfully teaching the learner addressing their multiple intelligences. Our current personal learning environment addresses several of the learner approaches.
In our class, Multiple Learning Theory Applications, as teachers we need to differentiate instruction across the curriculum. The problem I am finding within my personal classroom is the ability gap. There is a 4-year gap between in reading levels. How do I plan for 4-years of reading instruction and all at various levels? I have learned and applied to the different learners in my room. My planning is ranged and I use my students as teachers.
I strongly believe there is no concrete solution for every learner because as the years pa
ss by, the “learner” changes unpredictably. Education is like a revolving door. You can go forward and you can go backward. The path of the door remains the same; just as learners are tested and analyzed. Round and round we go…Sometimes the view out the glass is different, like each learner comes from a different environment with unknown forces acting on him or her.

New schools should include the top of the line technology and mostly “green.” The technology should be available to the parents as well, possible a lab or evening courses. Technology will not be the answer but with educators who are fluent in their subject areas and enjoy their teaching position. Alas success for the learner and the teacher would be phenomenal.
PLE’s and CMA’s are great management systems for instructors as well as the students. As a student myself, I feel that my learning is rushed and pushed to the limit. But part of me wonders would I do it if the enforcement and deadlines were not there? The article “7 things you should know about…Personal Learning Environments,” put my feeling and thoughts into perspective. I was acting and educating myself not realizing it. There is a greater emphasis on metacognition in my learning as I write my thoughts, another learner is reflecting and responding. The Internet becomes a crystal ball to shape my own opinions and be enlightened by others’ input. Every school of the future must be built to last and ready for the changes as time goes by producing successful learners. The final results would be the outcome and application of the learner in the real world.

One example would be the blog we are required to post and the follower who shares my opinion or differs. Another would be our online wimba sessions, where we discuss, collaborate and learn from peers and instructors.
References
Flack, J. (2009).Screenshot8.png.[Frame]. Retrieved December 2, 2009, from personal documents
Flack, J. (2009).Picture8.png.[Frame]. Retrieved December 2, 2009, from http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/clipart/results.aspx?qu=door&sc=20

1 comment:

  1. i agree wimba sessions are awesome for sharing with the other half

    ReplyDelete