Saturday, December 12, 2009

BP12_2009123_Tool#5Kideos




My fourth site was http://www.kideos.com/. I like the colors and the graphics on the site. As I read the about section, I teared up. The site was created for a family's daughter who was hospitalized. They were sick of clicking on video after video and finding inappropriate sites for the child. The video's are streamed through an advisory council to determine if the videos are up to standard before putting on the site.
There are several educational videos appropriate for the classroom as well as enjoyment. Teachers can use this for all subjects. I found a ton of videos on animal behaviors and educational songs. The age range is up to 10 years old. If you were studying birds of flight, there is a great video in slow motion of an owl's flight.
I have to add at the bottom was a link to Game Classroom, my other tool.

2 comments:

  1. This is great to have video tools aside from the nonsensical kind that kids can find on youtube.com. The site feels fresh and modern, so I think kids will enjoy visiting the site. The owl movie is my favorite. I can see kids using the movies as examples for creating their own video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deirdre, I never thought about that perspective. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete