Wednesday, December 2, 2009

BP10_2009122_PeerReviewVandyVela

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2009

BP4_2009121_Web2.0Tools

"Research Web 2.0 Tools Learn how to use the tool through the site or tutorials and use it to create an assignment you might use in a learning situation or use it to create some product."

Candy Shop

Snickers, Reeses, Almond Joy, Three Musketeers, Mars, M&M's, PayDay...got your taste buds' attention yet? Yes, I have used this analogy before… but it must be shared again. I am like a kid in a candy store, sampling these digital confections. Doesn’t this photo look like the traditional candy display? I think so…hundreds of brightly colored icons wrapping these delicious (pun intended) digital morsels. Difficult to stop the tasting to savor one flavor….








However, I have determined that I will not consume empty calories as I continue on this cyber sampling feast. Therefore, I kept my Action Research, Digital Immigrant students, and their iPhones in mind as I sampled the Web 2.0 tools. Voila – one distinct taste stood out among the rest: Apptism.



“Apptism indexes all iPhone apps from the iTunes App Store and aggregates all of the latest news, reviews, and media related to the iPhone apps. Apptism's focus is to also provide extensive searching, sorting, and filtering capabilities to help the iPhone community find and track apps within the constantly growing App Store” (Apptism, 2009). Talk about one gigantic candy mall. Did you know that Apptism is currently tracking 103,434 applications available for the iPhone? What a smorgasbord …now I am more convinced than ever that an iPhone education is worthy of research.Who can keep up?

How will I create an assignment / get others to try out this new flavor? I immediately e-mailed the link to my managers at AT&T and sent it to all the sales associates who sell the iPhone everyday to people who are hungry for more information. Daily, I give out free samples as a part of my sales presentation and then will formally serve it as an appetizer as I start my AR cycles in January.

Kid in a candy shop, that’s me. And what kid wouldn’t want to share their new candy favorite with all their buds, that’s you.

Yummy!

Retrieved November 30, 2009, from http://www.apptism.com/

Retrieved November 30, 2009, from http://www.go2web20.net/

1 comments:

Joy said...

Vandy, I found this a very useful article. As an Iphone owner, I am always tinkering with my toy. The possibilities seem endless with technology, but in the same token they are robbing my wallet. I can't wait to visit this Web 2.0 tool myself. You should really consider doing your media commercial on this very cool tool!
The Iphone keeps me connected to friends but it also makes friends without me. I stand in Starbucks, and wham a stranger is talking to me about applications and sharing their experiences. Thanks Vandy!

1 comment:

  1. I totally enjoyed the candy shop! Very cool! I don't want any empty calories either. You did a nice job in talking about Apptisml! I will have to go check it out now.
    Blessings!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete